Folks,
I'm still interested to hear if I can generate woody forms on the fly - but it isn't really a show stopper at this stage (I'm quite happy to just insert a configuration step that generates the necessary forms and move these to a 'production' area).

In the meantime, I just downloaded the latest 2.1.4 build and got everything running. I then copied over a 2.1.3 working application and got this error:
"org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from file:/C:/cocoon-2.1.4/build/webapp/SGSAssets/SGSAssets.xmap: org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: No languages defined!"
What has changed from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4???

As always, thanks for you help!

Tony