Thanks Roy,
but this is all far too complex for my needs ...
I will see if there are any other suggestions
posted!

(my feeling right now is that Woody seems to
simplify some things but hugely complicate others:
I might be better off doing things the "old way" - with
actions and simple form validation and not trying to
incorporate flow + Woody + custom java et al....)

Derek

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2004/02/16 11:03:31 AM >>>
  See woody binding examples,if you want to save the data using modular
database action ,I think there's no easy way.
  That's what I do for saving dom data by actions.
  in flow js:cocoon.sendPage(formname+"-add",{"data":document});
  you can write an inputmodule to read data from the data object,then you
can use database action.
  the module can read data from context like that:
                Object obj = FlowHelper.getContextObject(objectModel);
                JXPathContextFactory jxpathContextFactory =
                        JXPathContextFactory.newInstance();
                JXPathContext jxpathContext;
                jxpathContext = jxpathContextFactory.newContext(null, obj);

                String nameAdjust = name.substring(name.lastIndexOf(".") +
1,name.length());
                return jxpathContext.getValue(path+nameAdjust);

roy huang

believed to be clean.