Johannes Goerke wrote:

Hello,

I've written a Trigger for my HSQLDB. Trigger classes in HSQLDB are Java - classes implementing org.hsqldb.Trigger. They have to be in the CLASSPATH of the JVM that is running HSQLDB. Normally something like "java -classpath hsqldb.jar;MyTriggers.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database cocoondb" (I've tested this, it works). But when I try this with Cocoon, my triggers are not found by the HSQLDB - instance of Cocoon, even if I add them to hsqldb.jar in cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/ (by something like "jar -uf hasqldb.jar Mytrigger.class" ). Where could I put an additional *.jar-file so that the HSQLDB - instance has it available in its CLASSPATH? How/where can I manipulate HSQLDBs CLASSPATH?

Don't have a solid answer but I can give a few hints which may help you find your own:

The samples in either the database block, jms block, or eventcache block (check them in that order) define a trigger. Perhaps the method there would be useful? Apart from that, if you are quite sure that your class is really not recognized when put in the right WEB-INF/lib folder (build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib) then my next guess would be to look at the hsqldb Avalon component - how it uses its configuration provided in cocoon.xconf. Perhaps there's a clue there.

Geoff