At static catalog files you don't need the CDATA
you can direct fill in
<catalogue xml:lang="en">
</catalogue>
then the bold is *bold*

at xsp with esql use
<esql:get-xml column="text"/>

Is that what you are looking for?

Klaus

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

We're trying to migrate our existing application to cocoon. This application
supports multiple languages so we stored the text in a DB. However the text
in the DB can contain html tags like  " this is <b>bold</b> " for English
and " celui-ci c'est <b>gras</b> " for French.  Now we want to use i18n to
translate our pages. Therefor we were trying to generate our catalogue with
XSP .  As such we are looking to generate for instance:

For English

<catalogue xml:lang="en">

</catalogue>

For French

<catalogue xml:lang="fr">

</catalogue>

So that's why we need a CDATA section. If I can't generate cdata my xsp will
generate a catalogue like this:

<catalogue xml:lang="en">
        <message key="test">this is &lt;b&gt;bold&lt;/b&gt;</message>

</catalogue>

However , struggling with this example  ,I experienced another problem with
i18n. Suppose I have a static catalogue (not generated with xsp this time)
who looks like:

<catalogue xml:lang="en">

</catalogue>

When I know apply a i18n transformation I see that the <b>bold</b> has become &lt;b&gt;bold&lt;/b&gt; in the resulting html ... Or to say it in xslt terms : when selecting the actual translation, the i18n transformation applied a <xsl:value-of select="."/> instead of a <xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>. So I'm afraid that in our case the i18n transformer is useless, unless someone has an idee ?