Joel McConaughy wrote:
... [snip] ...

Ugo Cei has claimed that all you need is Flowscript, CForms, some sort of O/R mapping (Like hibernate or OJB), and the JXTemplateGenerator and you're set. I tend to agree with him, but I have no practical experience to back it up with :)

I'm not sure that's true.  I have been working with hibernate and flow
for three weeks and have found that it's not so easy.  A simple example
is trying to load the results of a hibernate query returning multiple
rows into an editable form/binding repeater.  This should be a
no-brainer use case but doesn't seem to work.

I haven't had much experience with Hibernate, so I can't speak for it from an "ease-of-use" point of view.

IMHO, an out-of-the-box hibernate/cforms binding (or some other O/R framework) should be a hard requirement -- otherwise where is the productivity gain?

I agree. If you have to put so much work into it, what's the point? Like I said, it's easy to note these deficiencies, but it just means there's an opportunity for someone to step in and plug those holes... *wink wink* :)

Have you had a chance to play with the OJB stuff?

Regards,
Tony