Il giorno 28/apr/04, alle 19:03, Joel McConaughy ha scritto:

Both the hibernate collection and Cforms repeater handle
add/change/delete logic. If you introduce an intermediate collection,
don't you have to re-implement that logic in order to create an
effective mapping from one to the other? For example, if I delete a row
from the Cforms repeater, how do I make thje corresponding change to the
hibernate collection?

Yes, you'd have to reimplement some logic, but this would give you a place to put *additional* logic, like extra validations to be done before passing the data back to the persistence layer.

Of course, if your app is a simple CRUD tool, with little or no business logic at all, directly binding a persistent collection to a CForms repeater would simplify your code, so it might be a good thing. I don't know why it doesn't work for you, but please keep in mind that Woody/CForms is a *very* recent framework, so some bumps in the road are to be expected.

Ugo