Upayavira

Uh, I wasn't really serious here, you know.
But I think its good that people do know the
benefits of the move... perhaps, as always,
good comms around this change will help
raise awareness and block any (temporary)
negative perceptions relating to smaller
details.

Derek

Derek Hohls wrote:

>Upayavira
>
>So are you saying "tough, we have to fit into some
>Apache 'corporate image' ?!"... ah, I already miss the
>wild free days of the "Independant Cocoon Wiki" -
>maybe a small group of rebels will start a new, hidden
>site somewhere on the far side of the world...

Not at all. We had a situation where we had a JSPWiki that was Cocoon's

only. The result of that was, whilst it worked, we didn't have people
who were in a position to enhance it. To get access to it, Steven had
give specific access to his own server (which he has generously done
for
some of us).

Now, we are sharing the job of maintaining our wiki with the entire
Apache community, which will lead to a far greater range of people able

to assist. Also, as the wiki is hosted on Apache hardware, potentially

all Apache/Cocoon committers can become involved in its maintenance.
Lastly, any changes and enhancements that we make will be available to

the whole of Apache (for example the 'must sign in to post anti-spam'
approach).

So, I hope that this will be a change in direction, but there's no
reason why we can't innovate, and lead the whole Apache community in
terms of what can be done with a wiki site. As David has said, we can
do
our own custom configurations on our wiki.

Regards, Upayavira

>Jorg Heymans wrote:
>

>>>PS Oh yes, maybe its just my screen, some of the useful
>>>buttons (all very tiny!!) get hidden behind the top 'blue box'
>>>menu unless I make my browser window veeerrryyy wide.
>>>

>>what browser is that? For me they are displayed over the blue box, a
>>

>>bit messy but at least they are all clickable (Firefox 0.9, windows)
>>

>An extra link or two were added to the list of links along the top.
>Makes it a bit ugly on a narrow window.
>
>We need to reduce the number of 'text' links along the top.
>
>Note, any things we think need changing, we should think about the
>whole
>of Apache, not just Cocoon, as this new Wiki is a part of the Apache
>wide wiki farm. So anything that is wrong on our wiki, will be wrong
on

>all Apache wikis.
>
>In fact, ours already goes further than other Apache wikis, in that
we

>have authentication configured.
>
>Regards, Upayavira

believed to be clean.