> > I currently build "plain" HTML forms out of given XML files.
> > As well as the other way round: I save the user input from
> > these forms back to XML file.
> > [...]
> > This behaviour seems to be quite independent of the
> > form-encoding used for RequestGenerator (ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8).
> >
> > Is there a way to prevent the conversion into entities, but always
> > generate UTF-8 encoding?
> > Has anybody out there tried to allow unicode characters in
> > HTML forms?
> > [...]
>
> Use set-encoding action in your pipeline:
>
>    <map:pipeline>
>      <map:act type="set-encoding">
>        <map:parameter name="form-encoding" value="utf-8"/>
>      </map:act>
>    </map:pipeline>

Sorry, this will convert all characters which used to be correct into '?'. (e.g.

This is quite weired, because I already used:
   <map:generator label="content" name="request" ...
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.RequestGenerator">
      <form-encoding>UTF-8</form-encoding>
   </map:generator>

... so I didn't really expected a change.

It really seems that I got more than one configuration wrong...

Regards,

Daniel