Peter Flynn Escribio :-)
> I just installed a fresh tomcat 5.5.0 on Fedora Core 2,
> with jdk1.5.0, and that works fine (edited server.xml to
> make it the default port 80 server).
>
> Then I unwrapped Cocoon 2.1.5.1 and typed ./build to get
> the default set of targets. I immediately get the error:
>
> # cd /opt/cocoon/cocoon-2.1.5.1/
> # ./build.sh
> org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher

  Hi peter,
  I had the same problem and was because Fedora Core 2 had installed
  another versión of Ant, i dont remember which is, i uninstall
  that version and install Ant 1.6.2.

  Well i have cocoon-2.1.6-dev, but the error message was the same.

  you try rpm -q ant to see the Ant installed.

  I hope help you.

  Cheers.

> Is something (ant) missing from 2.1.5.1? The docs at
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/index.html#Building%2BCocoon
> say "The build script overrides the existing ANT_HOME variable."
> In fact I do have ant installed, but I deliberately held back from
> exporting ANT_HOME as I assumed Cocoon came with its own built-in ant.
>
> OK, so backpedal...I unwrapped a copy of Cocoon 2.0.4 and copied the
> cocoon.war file into the tomcat webapps directory. Tomcat picked it
> up and expanded it, apparently correctly, but http://localhost/cocoon
> just gives me the error message (yes I *am* using port 80, not 8080):
>
> HTTP Status 404 - /cocoon
> type Status report
> message /cocoon
> description The requested resource (/cocoon) is not available.
> Apache Tomcat/5.5.0
>
> What have I done wrong?

Carlos Chávez