Il giorno 26/gen/05, alle 22:44, JD Daniels ha scritto:

so I guess my next question would be : would you just forget having a hibernate factory as a cocoon component? ie, just have yet another class like package.hibernateFactoryImpl? see I'm thinking it is too much overhead to be registering classes at every request.

You mean you are creating a SessionFactory for _every_ request? This is WAY too much overhead. The SessionFactory should be a singleton, no discussion about that!

I'm just very confused :)

You should really be using the "Open Session in View" pattern:

http://hibernate.org/Documentation/OpenSessionInView

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://agylen.com/blojsom/blog/