At first sight, everything should be fine.

A few things you can check:
- your custom serializer doesn't contain any super.blablah(..)
- the mentioned pipeline is the correct one and is called on its own. No other pipelines calling/including this one? Try altering the page to be sure it's the correct one. Check your logs to see where the sitemap matches your request.
- restart the whole bunch (tomcat or whatever you're using) and clear the workdir if you're cocoon starts acting funny (can help sometimes)

I'm using the serializer myself (3 different sites now) and am experiencing no problems concerning xmlns namespaces.

Kind Regards,
Jan