Thanks for making your situation a bit more clear.

I had a look at the docs to find a component that might suit your needs.

Have you tried using the WriteDomSessionTransformer [1]? I have never used it myself, but from the docs it seems like it could do the trick for you :

<map:transform type="writeDOMsession">
    <map:parameter name="dom-name" value="DBresult"/>
    <map:parameter name="dom-root-element" value="rowset"/>
</map:transform>

Apparently, this transformer stores an object called "DBresult" in the session, the object contains the DOM representation of your pipeline encapsulated inside a root "rowset" element.

Inside the action that sets the response header you could fetch this object, do some DOM searching until you find the title and voila!

HTH
Jorg

[1]http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/writedomsession-transformer.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,
I apologize for the previous unformatted mail.  some how it was corrupted.
I am resendign this for readability.

This is the step-by-step process I am following.

We have a content management server. Users upload all the documents,
reports etcto this server. All the realted documents are stored/grouped
under one documentID.

In the intranet portal, when the users search for a particular documentID,
they get some search results. ifthe user clicks on any link it opens the
summary of that document giving links to download each attachment or all
the attachments in a zip format (with name of the zip file as
<DocumentID_<Title>.zip).

we have site map in which when the user clicks on the download button,
which ends with a pattern
http://servername:port/<access_to_the_document>/<documentID>?view=download,
my pipeline in the sitemap will be invoked.

In that pipeline, I execute <map:aggregate> to get the document summary
xml. Then I will transform that xml to another xml which has required
format to use ZipArchiveSerialzer as shown below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<zip:archive xmlns:zip="http://apache.org/cocoon/zip-archive/1.0";
title="sometitle.zip">
<zip:entry name="xyz.ppt" src="soemURL"/>
<zip:entry name="abc.pdf" src="someURL"/>
</zip:archive>

After getting this xml on-fly from the transformer, I will call <map:call
resource="someresource"> . In that resource, I call an action which sets
the
response.setHeader("content-disposition","attachment;filename="+myfilename);

This "myfilename" is supposed to be the title attribute in the above on-fly
generated  zip-archive xml. So, now my problem is, how can I get this
title?

Is there any other way where I can send this title as parameter from my
transformer?

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Murthy

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you