Askild

Thanks for the "tips"... for me (and maybe others) I am sure
a simple working demo [uh, the kind where you do not have
to rebuild Cocoon and add/remove blocks etc etc!] would be
very useful... even a series of code snippets.  If it works,
I would be happy to "dress it up" and add to the wiki.

Failing that (I know, we are all busy people), I think the parts
that are most unclear, are the "Bind this document to the Form
(load)".... surely indicating that there are aspects of CForms
I still find obscure!

As always, any light to the unenlightened is welcome!

Derek

PS I did read Stefano's "wake up call"... certainly there are
always going to be those who "need to grok the code"... but there
also the great mass of users out here - self included - who simply
need to "do stuff" with XML and are not great architecture developers.
I am sure Cocoon World is big enough for both & hope we can see
that one needs the other!

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2005/06/14 02:06:07 PM >>>
Yes, Derek, I have followed the discussion with great interest, but not
participated myself. It seams like reason has won, and someone even
tries to enhance the current XSP-block! 0:-)

As a side note here, look at <?a=93967486800002&r=1&w=2>
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110848544625231&w=2
where Stefano Mazzocchi writes about the two "camps" on the dev-list.
<?a=93967486800002&r=1&w=2>

A simple db-webapp with Flow/CForms and SQL  *could* be as follows:

* Use one pipeline with the SQL-transformer to generate an XML-document
from the DB.
* Bind this document to the Form (load)
* When the document is edited (save), inject the document to another
pipeline with JX, using XSLT and SQL-transformer to update the DB.

Reading and "writing" the bound XML from and to pipelines makes the
implementation transparent to Flow and CForms, so substituting the
implementation is easy (we use our own XDB based on SQL instead of
SQL-statements, but the principle is the same).

Just a tip in the "right" direction... ;-)

Askild
-