Sandor Spruit wrote:

Christoph Hermann wrote:

Am Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2005 21:04 schrieb Sandor Spruit:

[description of dynamic stylesheet idea snipped]

Wouldn't it be _much_ easier to use xalan extensions for this purpose?

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
       xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan";>
 <xsl:param name="parameter_xpath"/>
... select="xalan:evaluate($parameter_xpath)"

I was hoping for a reply like this - even though a dynamic stylesheet
seemed to be a smart move :) I'll give it a try this afternoon.

The use of an extension function *would* but much easier - if it worked,
but it doesn't. The extension function does not seem to be allowed as the
pattern in <xsl:template match="pattern">. Errors all over the place.

Was does work is the use of the extension in calls to xsl:apply-templates,
but that is not what I want. It will help iff you want to apply a template to
one specific XPath. What I need is to copy the entire XML tree using a
regular xsl:copy, with some extra highlighting tags inserted for the XPath.

Sandor