Kris Schneider wrote:
Reinhard,

Several weeks ago I refactored the ContinuationsManagerImpl so that it is easily
extensible and you can use your own expiration strategies by simply overriding
the "expireContinuations" method. Over the next weeks I will work on them -
maybe this is helpful for you too.

Any idea if those changes are compatible with 2.1.7? Because of some
concurrency issues with 2.1.7's ContinuationsManagerImpl (I haven't
submitted the bug yet), I'm already using a "custom" version. If your
changes will work with 2.1.7, I might as well use that as a base
instead.

I had to change the visibility of some methods from "private" to "protected" and I also split up one method into smaller ones that can be overriden too.
My changes will be part of the upcoming 2.1.8 release.

If you want to get your bugfix included into 2.1.8 you should provide the patch very soon so that the chance is high(er) that it is applied in time. Of course we have to verify in some way that the patch doesn't make things worse which could be a problem as code freeze starts on Friday 21st. In every case this needs to be discussed on cocoon-dev.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc