On 1/4/2007 3:18 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

On Jan 4, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:

Anyway, I've now got Jetty/Cocoon successfully running with "cocoon servlet-debug". However, when I try connecting to them remotely with a debugger (jdb or Eclipse), it fails.

(1)
Trying with jdb:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09\bin>jdb -attach localhost:8000
java.io.IOException: shmemBase_attach failed: The system cannot find the file specified

Google says :-) this is a Windows-specific problem, try this instead:

jdb -connect com.sun.jdi.SocketAttach:hostname=localhost,port=8000
I bow before your superior google-fu...

OK, that helped. Now instead of " The system cannot find the file specified", I get "Connection refused: connect".
So it would seem that jdb has caught up with Eclipse.

Is it possible that I need to do something as a different user? I'm logged on as an Administrator...

Lars