On Thu, May 24, 2007 8:07 am, Reinhard Haller wrote:

> sounds like we need a kind of installer to hide the complexity of maven
> from the user. This way we reduce complexity without adding options with
> the need of further support.

I switched to use maven for all my projects after evaluating cocoon 2.2.
It was a steep learning curve, but it was definitly worth doing it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but with cocoon 2.2 the only thing one
needs, to write custom applications, are jars from core and used blocks.
What maven does, is managing the dependencies for the user. If one opts
for not using maven, he/she would have to manage this complex task on
his/her own. This is the point where help is needed.

What do you think of a web application that does it for the users? It
could be a simple list of blocks and core components with description and
a nice cocoon app that reads the actual poms and zips all important jars
before deliviring them to the user.

This could even be included as a sample app.

Martin.