Niels

You say:

" For example, Ard put a lot of work in making a website skeleton
generator, which basically does that whole first step of deciding how
set up the application for you. The generated skeleton is preconfigured

with subsitemaps, caching and everything, and it contains many little
components that do things like paging of lists, mounting subsitemaps
based on our specific navigation concept, etc. This skeleton generator

meant a giant leap in productivity for our implementation partners.
Getting up and running is no longer a problem, and through the pre set

up skeleton the developers seem to get better at working with the
Cocoon
concepts much faster. At some point they might even discover that
things
could be done in a better way than in the skeleton!"

Is there anyway you would consider making this generator - well
documented, of course :-) - available to the community?   It might
inspire
some of us to adopt a similar approach and, who knows, may lead to a
whole, new, better way of doing things.  It seems most people agree
that
getting started with Cocoon is a big leap and, while I do not agree
that
you need to know *everything* before you start (not for simpler use
cases, anyway), anything that maximisers the ability to get going
"straight
out of  the box" is surely of great help?

Cheers
Derek

(Who is now wondering how he can do something similar for his
"simple" flow-based database app...)

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions