Hi,

Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
To sum up, if you really want to put effort into it could it be assumed as only temporary solution that aims to make it easier to migrate?

Hmm, no I don't think so :)
Personally, I really love maven 2 and it works very well for a lot of our projects. It makes sense to use it for developing cocoon itself, but we should not force everyone who wants to do a cocoon project to use maven 2. This ain't gonna work.

sounds like we need a kind of installer to hide the complexity of maven
from the user. This way we reduce complexity without adding options with
the need of further support.

You're right that we should not maintain all possible different ways, but we spend a lot of energy into 2.2 to make it independent from m2.

Is there a design decision to use maven as a base or not? If so then
go ahead and use it. If you want to get a new design decision, wait
until the next version is in the design phase.

Greetings
Reinhard