Ooops, yes I meant XSP... XSL rules

Thanks for pointing out my mistake

On 18/06/07, Derek Hohls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"XSL and Database Actions are deprecated"

As far as I know, XSL is not deprecated - perhaps you meant XSP?
But I am not sure that is deprecated... perhaps one of the developers
could address the plans for that technology - will it still be supported
in
versions 2.2 and beyond?

>>> "warrell harries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/18/07 9:46 AM

Hi,

Does the database you are using support stored procedures (even MySql
now
does)? If so, write the complex SQL as a strored procedure and then
execute
the stored procedure from the SQLTransformer, possibly using the
ancestor
construct that the SQLTransformer has specifically to support nested
Queries.

Personally, I don't see a problem with doing some XSL transformation
after
one query before doing another based on the output DOM; this is what XML
pipelines are all about. Perhaps you are not very familiar with XSL.
Invest
some time and you will be rewarded!

XSL and Database Actions are deprecated so I would recommend the
pipeline
approach as you will end up with a more maintainable and extensible
solution
because you will seperate the concerns.

Regards,

Warrell

e-mail legal notice. Views expressed herein do not necessarily represent
the
views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions

For electronic copies of the CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions and the
CSIR
Legal Notice send a blank message with REQUEST LEGAL in the subject line
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.