Hi,

Have you followed the threads in the 2.10 release e.g.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/howto/howto-explore-samples.html

One of the advantages of Cocoon is that you do not need to get involved in
the Cocon servlet e.g. web.xml or the conventional configuration  e.g.
cocoon.xconf. You only need concern yourself with your 'block' sitemap. Have
a look at a simple sample e.g. the Hello World example or the request
Generator and you will have an ah-ha moment.

Please put in the effort and you will be rewarded ;-)