I 've had a look at this page before posting. However, I still need to know how things work (the servlet, web.xml, cocoon.xconf,...etc). I need to know how to wrap a web application in a war and throw it in the tomcat/webapp. Before, I learn how to use blocks I need to be able to write a small siplme application and build on top of it.

If you know how to get this done, then please share the knowledge.
Thank you.

warrell harries wrote:
Hi,
Have you followed the threads in the 2.10 release e.g. http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/howto/howto-explore-samples.html One of the advantages of Cocoon is that you do not need to get involved in the Cocon servlet e.g. web.xml or the conventional configuration e.g. cocoon.xconf. You only need concern yourself with your 'block' sitemap. Have a look at a simple sample e.g. the Hello World example or the request Generator and you will have an ah-ha moment. Please put in the effort and you will be rewarded ;-) On 17/11/2007, *Mansour* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    I am trying to write the simplest application using cocoon. Couldn't
    find any tutorial. I would like to know what are the minimum
    parameters
    to go in the web.xml. All I need is a simple Hello World. Here's
    what I
    have so far:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <web-app xmlns=" http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
           xsi:schemaLocation=" http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
               http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
           version="2.4">

    <servlet>
       <servlet-name> CocoonServlet </servlet-name>
       <servlet-class> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
    </servlet-class>
       <init-param>
       <param-name>configurations</param-name>
       <param-value>/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf</param-value>
       </init-param>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>CocoonServlet</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    </web-app>

    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>