On 18.11.2007 11:35 Uhr, Mansour wrote:

I really need to understand how it works, what servlet starts when the
request is received, and yes the minimum configuration.

All I need is to understand the minimum requirements. I think I know what I need better than anyone else!

Nobody questions that you understand your requirements the best. I also see where you are coming from with setting up a minimal Cocoon. But there was a reason why I suggested you to not start from scratch but with a minimal build that our build system provides. And there are reasons why people think Cocoon has a very steep learning curve. Cocoon uses a lot of technologies which you probably don't want to know all beforehand.

However, I did a minimal built and tried to write a small program, but was not able to get it to work. I think now my problem is in the sitemap "the thing that everybody wants me to worry about".

The main configuration files cocoon.xconf and the root sitemap should also be quite well-documented with all their component setups. You now seem to use the provided cocoon.xconf but wiped out the root sitemap which has all the components for the sitemaps in it like pipelines, generators, transformer, serializers, etc. Readd the map:components section to your sitemap and you should make at least some progress. Once you have that working you can remove single components like unused generators or serializers, but not the whole section. You need at least one of each type, for your example the caching pipeline, the file generator, the XSLT transformer and the HTML serializer.

If you are only starting with Cocoon right now you should really consider using Cocoon 2.2, especially in regard to minimal build. Many "optional" components which are in core in 2.1 have been made really optional in 2.2. Integration should be much easier in general. Learning now 2.1 and later 2.2 seems to be too much effort since so much has changed between both.

Joerg