Ok,

thanks Joerg, for your hint. Maybe I will do so. Actually Kai saved my ass again. What would I do without you Kai. :-D The MaxPermSize setting made my Tomcat/Cocoon working again and after I did a little fine tuning to the memory settings, I managed to print even larger rasters out inside a pdf file (14172x14172px/24bit !). So it seems it was about tuning the tommy, so also in that context, this was might be a wrong list.

Thank you all!
mika