Patrick Heiden pisze:

> To get this clear: Step 1 to N is creating Blocks 1 to N (some of them are
> shared). Then I just create 'my-webapp' with maven archetype. Block-wiring is
> done through servlet-service-configuration-files (pom.xml,
> servlet-service.xml). Usage of the wired blocks is defined through sitemaps
> and I am able to define global beans within webApplicationContext.xml and
> 'block'-specific (local) beans within META-INF/cocoon/spring/*-context.xml.
> And thats it?
> Wow!

Almost. ;-)
As I said earlier current implementation of Spring integration is little bit
simplistic because
there is only one global Spring container and no block-specific ones. So even
if you declare bean in
a block's configuration file it will be visible everywhere. However, you should
be warned that it's
not our aim and this will be changed in the future so you should not rely on
such implementation
detail and always declare dependencies correctly.

Moreover, almost always you should not touch contents of my-webapp module
(especially: not add any
bean declarations there) because it should be considered as a glue and
infrastructure module. It
contains all necessary configuration for Maven to make a deployable WAR package
and usually its the
only function, in a fact.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski