Hello again!

So following your advised discussion, I am able to create the whole domainmodel
as standalone .jar and add this as dependency to webapp-block, right? Of course
I also have to put the domain-appCtx.xml into the META-INF/cocoon/spring
directory. If I would do so, are all other blocks automatically aware of my
domain.jar, or do I have to put the dependency to every blocks pom.xml wich is
going to use it (besides testing!)?

Thank you,
Patrick
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:24:29 +0200
> Von: Andre Juffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> An: users@cocoon.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: [HELP]: blocks and domainmodel

> Patrick,
>
> some time ago I raised a similar question:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg40943.html
>
> The discussion there may be helpful to you as well.
>
> Andre.
>
> Patrick Heiden wrote:
> > Hello together!
> >
> > I'm trying to find a 'best' way to integrate my
> domainmodel/businesslayer into cocoon 22 block-semantics. Imagine a rich
> domainmodel with several
> package-specific services presented to the client as facade (decoupling
> persistence and the like). Development of the domainmodel is kept outside for
> testing-purposes and so on. How should I integrate a 'finished' domainmodel
> into cocoon-22 blocks?
> >
> > Several blocks use different parts of the model, of course, and the
> usage is triggered through a main-controller-block. Following the discussions
> within this mailing-list so far, I am able to imagine, that I could spread
> my domainmodel to different blocks, but this is not what I want to achieve.
> > Should there be a 'domain'-block, wich contains all domain-beans/objects
> and from wich other blocks can get access to the domain?
> >
> > Maybe my problem is, that there is no archetype for such an integrated
> dev-environment (or my thoughts about using the given ones is somewhat
> incomplete). I would like a structure like the following:
> >
> > myProject
> > + domain
> >    + ...
> > + dao
> >    + ...
> > + web
> >    + cocoon-blocks
> >
> > Or is it the best way to build the domain totally seperate and add the
> domain.jar as dependency to my blocks?
> >
> > Any hints possible based on my short description?
> >
> > Best Greetings
> > Patrick
>

> --
> Andre H. Juffer              | Phone: +358-8-553 1161
> The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
>      the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> University of Oulu, Finland  | WWW: www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/
> NordProt                     | WWW: www.nordprot.org

Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free