Hello!

> Sure. The Maven 2 plugin can be found at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-maven-plugin/.
> It
> contains all the stuff that creates a small web application for a block so
> that
> it becomes runnable in a servlet container.
>
> The integration of the RCL is done by intercepting all requests (servlets,
> servlet filters, listeners) and replacing the classloader with a reloading
> classloader implementation. This code can be found at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper/.
>
> The third module is the spring reloader
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-spring-reloader/)
> that wraps a Spring context and performs the restarts of the Spring
> application
> context whenever necessary.

This could be good starting point, because my error-messages are talking about
missing refresh-calls to springs appCtx. I will look...

> Another hint that might help:
> When a class or an interface, that is loaded by the RCL, is proxied or
> rewritten
> by Spring AOP, this leads to exceptions after the first reload. I guess
> this is
> a problem with the RCL implementation (Apache Commons JCI) but I haven't
> had
> time to write a test case that proves this statement.
>
> Apart from problems with Spring Security and Spring AOP, the third known
> issue
> is session handling. If you put an object that is loaded by the reloading
> classloader into the session, you will run into a class cast exception
> after the
> first reload occured because the instance of the reloading classloader has
> changed.
>
> If you want to route around these problems, create a module that contains
> all
> those classes that should not be loaded by the reloading classloader and
> add it
> as a dependency to your module.
>
> HTH

Yes, I would guess ;) But besides RCL, how would this look within a (e.g.)
Tomcat deployment, where RCL is not in scope. (I would love to test, but as you
can see at [1], I've actually got deployment troubles with Tomcat)

Best regards,
Patrick

[1] http://www.nabble.com/deploy-Tomcat-to16577585.html

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/[EMAIL PROTECTED]