After some debugging, I've reduced the problem to being that:

   cocoon.reqest.get();

Will not return an array. If one option is selected, it returns a string such as:

   "jeff".

If more than one option is selected, it returns a String that looks like an array, but it can't be accessed as an array, only a string. e.g. the String looks like:

  "[jeff, john]"

But, if I try to access modellerArray.length, I get a runtime error that there is no such .length property of the string.

Is there an easy way to get the string into the array besides manually parsing it and adding it to an array variable manually, or is there perhaps some kind of cocoon.request.getArray() function?

Thanks,
Jeff