Klortho schrieb:

dhohls wrote:
That's a little harsh - although my impression is that C2.2 is
perhaps a step sideways in terms of how many things are
done... but that's just an impression from reading all the mailing list Q&A. So far, I have not needed to take the plunge.

Yes, you're right ... too harsh.
I'm really just a newbie, but speaking as one, I think that 2.1 was a much
nicer experience out of the gate, which is pretty damn important for an
application to gain wider acceptance.

BTW, there's also a different viewpoint:

<Lenya community hat>

For us, as a project depending on Cocoon, it is crucial that Cocoon doesn't cling to "dead" (as in language) concepts and frameworks as XSP and Avalon, however proven and stable they may be. To attract new community members, it's very important to keep looking beyond one's own nose and stay in touch with current trends in the Java world. Putting "Based on Maven and Spring" on your homepage sounds much better at the moment than "Based on Ant and Avalon". And we shouldn't be afraid of learning – familiar concepts often seem to be easier to understand than new ones.

</Lenya community hat>

Just my $0.02.

-- Andreas

--