Hi,

For us, as a project depending on Cocoon, it is crucial that Cocoon doesn't cling to "dead" (as in language) concepts and frameworks as XSP and Avalon, however proven and stable they may be. To attract new community members, it's very important to keep looking beyond one's own nose and stay in touch with current trends in the Java world. Putting "Based on Maven and Spring" on your homepage sounds much better at the moment than "Based on Ant and Avalon". And we shouldn't be afraid of learning – familiar concepts often seem to be easier to understand than new ones.

As Derek pointed out, it's not a matter of learning - we all have to, not only about Cocoon, don't we ;-) ? - and for sure "Based on Maven and Spring" sounds more attractive. But at the moment "attractive" or "sounds better" is not my major concern.

In the _real_ world, there are lots of 2.1 running apps that must work and keep being supported. And it's a good news that 2.1 is still in maintenance mode as Bertrand recently wrote :-).

Cheers,

André