Thank you very much Alexander,

i've discovered with LiveHTTPHeaders addon that the content-length is = 0
!!!

the pipeline section is this:

                <map:act type="invoice-save-action">
                        <map:select type="parameter">
                        <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test"
value="{savepdf}"/>
                        <map:when test="1">
                                <map:serialize type="invoice2filesys">
                                        <map:parameter name="path"
value="{path}"/>
                                        <map:parameter name="file"
value="{file}"/>
                                </map:serialize>
                                 <map:read type="resource"
src="{path}/{file}" mime-type="application/pdf" />
                        </map:when>
                        <map:otherwise>
                                <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
                        </map:otherwise>

                        </map:select>
        </map:act>

it tests if it's desired to save the file in the filesystem, and if so,
saves it (it does gets saved allright though), but the reader simply does
not work!

i'm I overlooking something here?

com os melhores cumprimentos
joão tiago viegas