You could solve it with flowscript.
function writeandread() {
cocoon.processPipelineTo("pipelineThatWritesTheFile", NullOutputStream); //
executes the pipeline that does the writing, but does not return a response
cocoon.sendPage("pipelineThatReadsTheFile"); // executes the pipeline with
the map:read for the newly created file and sends the response to the
browser
}