Hi,

we are currently using cocoon for transforming source xml files into xml files
in a different format. The transformations are pretty heavy because data from
other xml files is inserted and also transformed.

When using cocoon on our test server, we saw that the memory usage was peaking
at around 1.1Gb RAM. We were testing with about 10 clients sending requests
every 1.5second. Is this normal memory usage for cocoon?
We would also like some more information about the scalability. Will cocoon use
a lot more memory when a few more clients connect?

Which configuration files/settings can we change to enable cocoon to handle
more requests? We would like to be able to handle about 40requests/second at
peak times.

What type of server is recommend for this type of usage? How much RAM, CPU
power?

And one final question: are there any cocoon components that are optional and
therefore can be disabled? If yes, how can we check which components are
optional and how can we disable them? Will this help decrease the total memory
usage?

thanks in advance,
best regards,
Brecht