I am a xml processing newbie, who have to read-transform-write some pretty big
xml files, and in my journey to the jaxp land I stumbled upon this wonderful
library... Here I ask for some kind advice regarding the my problem. For my
case let's imagine that we have a pretty big pom.xml and I would have to do the
following:
1) if under the tag 'repositories/repository/name' in the body is present
string 'snapshots' then rewrite the 'url' element stripping out the tags and
make it uppercase...
2) given the dependencies/dependency/groupId element if there is one dependency
with groupId = 'org.apache.cocoon.sax' then i have to get and rewrite all
dependencies elements
to make it simple if I found a desired element then I have to operate on
containing element rewriting it... Transformations I have to do a without the
xslt.
Maybe what I am asking seems trivial or plain stupid but I am not an expert
just learning... Is this library right for this task and if yes what would be
the right approach to handle this. Many many thanks