Hi,

Not only Tomcat, but each and every dependency your particular project uses.
As of today, Cocoon 2.1 works well in a Java 11+/Tomcat 9+ environment, with all dependencies upgraded.

Cocoon 2.1.13 itself contained a fix for a security-related issue, but in the past years, there wasn't many security issues targeting Cocoon core.

HTH,
Regards,
Cédric