Hello Vincent,

It depends on your future Strategy. Cocoon is very flexible. We've been
running Cocoon 3.0-beta in production with Tomcat9/10, Quarkus and even
Kubernetes 1.20 etc. No problems at all :)
with Java 8 :) We cannot switch to Java 11, because it's not compatible
with Cocoon libraries anymore :( That's the only obstacle.
Maybe someone could "update" cocoon stack to use Java 11 LTS JVM? Or now 17
LTS? :)

As long as it does its job, Cocoon is fine! Although the amount of
pipelines that are still in use in our Cocoon deployments decreased in
time.
We switched to Vue.js framework as frontend and Spring-Boot 2 as backend
technologies, all running on Kubernetes multi-clusters.
Both Vue and Spring-Boot 2 are very lightweight and suit our needs better
(to build Web-Portals) than Cocoon. Even though we still use Cocoon for
some integration stuff and fast
proxy/gateway to many "old" services or database access.

Greetings,
Greg