From: Gabo Manuel [mailto:kman...@solegysystems.com]
Sent: 20 March 2009 06:24
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: [CXF2.2][IPLANET6sp6][Spring2.0.6] spring unable to find
namespace

Hi guys,

First of all, since CXF2.2 is out... WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

I have the following configuration in beans.xml:

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
      xmlns:jaxws="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws";
      xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs";
      xmlns:soap="http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap";
      xsi:schemaLocation="
        http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap
        http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/soap.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs
        http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd
        http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
        http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
    ">

    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />
        <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml"
/>
    <import
resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml" />

    <jaxrs:server id="restServices" address="/rest">
        <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
            <bean class="some.domain.MyService"/>
        </jaxrs:serviceBeans>

        <jaxrs:providers>
            <bean class="some.domain.BooleanProvider"/>
        </jaxrs:providers>
        <jaxrs:inInterceptors>
            <bean class="some.domain.RestInHandler"/>
        </jaxrs:inInterceptors>
    </jaxrs:server>
</beans>

Upon starting the iplanet instance, I get the following error message:

failure: WebModule[]: WEB2683: Exception sending context initialized
event to listener instance of class
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException
:
Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML
schema namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs]
Offending resource: ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/beans.xml]

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(
FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderCont
ext.java:85)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderCont
ext.java:80)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.error
(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parse
CustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1111)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parse
CustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1104)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReade
r.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:133)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReade
r.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:90)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBe
anDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:458)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBean
Definitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:353)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDe
finitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:303)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDe
finitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:280)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.l
oadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:131)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.l
oadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:147)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBea
nDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBea
nDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContex
t.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:101)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFre
shBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:389)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(A
bstractApplicationContext.java:324)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContex
t(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(
ContextLoader.java:187)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized
(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.j
ava:3387)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3743
)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:251)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1133)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:652)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1133)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:355)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:995)
        at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.start(WebContainer.java:431)
        at
com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.startInstance(WebContainer.java:500)
        at
com.iplanet.ias.server.J2EERunner.confPostInit(J2EERunner.java:161)

I am able to ping "cxf.apache.org" to check just in case it was not
accessible. I am also able to run this same set of configurations and
binaries in my local tomcat server (v6.0.13).

Again, thanks in advance.

Gabo