Hi All,

I am not sure if this would be an accurate comparison. I dug up my old old old test app. I created this when I first got wind of CXF from XFire. Below is the difference of this scenario from the one earlier posted:

Spring-2.0.4
CXF-2.0.1-incubator

Test.java:
public class Test {
   public String echo(String s){
       return "entered method: " + s;
   }
}

beans.xml
<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
       xmlns:jaxws="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws";
       xmlns:soap="http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap";
               http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap
               http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/soap.xsd
               http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
               http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd";>

       <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
       <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

       <jaxws:endpoint
         id="test"
         implementor="some.domain.Test"
         address="/Test"

           <jaxws:binding>
               <soap:soapBinding style="RPC" use="LITERAL" />
           </jaxws:binding>
       </jaxws:endpoint>
</beans>

I start the instance and no errors. I check for the WSDL and it displays the binding. No method though:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<wsdl:definitions
 xmlns:ns1="http://domain.some/";
 xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/";
 xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";
 name="TestService"
 targetNamespace="http://domain.some/";>
<wsdl:portType name="Test" />
<wsdl:binding name="TestServiceSoapBinding" type="ns1:Test">
<soap:binding style="document" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"; />
</wsdl:binding>
<wsdl:service name="TestService">
 <wsdl:port binding="ns1:TestServiceSoapBinding" name="TestPort">
   <soap:address location="http://192.168.0.1:8030/services/Test"; />
 </wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

I'll try creating a bit more complex sample for the old API. I'll post it as soon as I have result. I just thought this might strike a flag or something.

Gabo

Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
Hi Gabo

Nearly every CXF component has a file META-INF/spring.handlers, jaxws and jaxrs componets ship such files. It appears Spring can not find these files for some reasons on the classpath...

Cheers, Sergey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabo Manuel" <kman...@solegysystems.com>