Hi Dan,

Are you using something like "dependency:unpack-dependencies" or something to combine the various jars into a single jar/war? If so, that will DEFINITELY cause this.
Nope. Unless it is used by something by default. I am not using any war.

Check the stuff you are deploying for a META-INF/spring.handlers file and make sure it contains mapping for the required handlers.
I checked the said file of the spring.jar I am using. I have added the following entries:

http\://cxf.apache.org/jaxws=org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spring.NamespaceHandler
http\://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs=org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.spring.NamespaceHandler
http\://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap=org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.spring.NamespaceHandler

But I still get the same error message:

failure: WebModule[]: WEB2683: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws]
Offending resource: ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/beans.xml]

I'll try to look further if this is an issue with IPlanet since the setup works fine for tomcat.

Gabo