Hi, this looks fine.

I might need some help here too. It has to work, assuming the actual implementation just implements ContentProcess. Perhaps Spring is proxifying it in some way that causes the issues ? Is there any chance you can download the CXF source and debug your application, by adding a breakpoint in JAXRSServerFactoryBean.setServiceBeans() ? I'm not sure why you do not see JUL log messages, a warning message should've been logged too if this class was not recognized....
Or perhaps you can send me a test war ?

cheers, Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the info provided. We use Tomcat.

(Using CATALINA_BASE:   D:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_HOME:   D:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: D:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15)

Below is our resource interface.

@Path("/")
public interface ContentProcess {

@GET
            @Path("/content/")
           @Produces("application/xml")
           public Content getContent(@QueryParam("address") String address,
   @QueryParam("region") String region,
   @QueryParam("effectiveDate") String effectiveDate
   );
}

I cant notice anything wrong with this class.

Thanks & Regards,
Vasantha

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:

Hi

I can see a (JUL) Log.severe(message) on line 231, just before
WebApplicationException is thrown...Not sure why you don't see a
message in the log. Either way, the problem is that
"com.endpoint.impl.ContentProcessImpl" has not been recognized as a root
resource class. Does it have a root @Path annotation ? Is its single
method annotated with @GET ? Please check @Path and @GET are
JAXRS-specific annotations....What container do you use ? There were some
problems reported against WebLogic (don't rememeber the
version) 'hiding' JAXRS annotations

cheers, Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Not exactly. Cant make it out from the logs.

Below is the root cause from the logs.

Caused by: javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException
       at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.checkResources(Abstract
JAXRSFactoryBean.java:232)
       at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactory
Bean.java:85)

Thanks & Regards,
Yong-Loh

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:

Hi

Do you see some other hints in the logs ? Where is the exception
originating from ?

cheers, Sergey

Hi,

We are using JAX-RS for CXF RESTful webservices. Our service has just
one
method that handles a GET request.

And below is how we have mapped our service in beans.xml.

<jaxrs:server id="contentProcessService" address="/">
   <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
     <ref bean="contentProcessBean" />
   </jaxrs:serviceBeans>
     <jaxrs:providers>
   <bean class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.XMLBeansElementProvider"
/>
     </jaxrs:providers>
 </jaxrs:server>

 <bean id="contentProcessBean"
class="com.endpoint.impl.ContentProcessImpl">
     <property name="contentQueryService" ref="contentQueryService" />
     <property name="cacheService" ref="cache" />
 </bean>

We are getting the below exception when we deploy the war in Tomcat.

bean
wit
h name 'contentProcessService': Invocation of init method failed;
nested
excepti
on is org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
       at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1337)

Any pointers in resolving this issue would be of great help.

Thanks & Regards,
Yong-Loh