Hi Yong-Loh,

I made a simple implementation class based on the interface you posted. It works, i.e. content and detail paths are included in the wadl and could be invoked via firefox browser. I had to add @Consumes("text/xml") in the class declaration though. Although this fixed the client side issue, not exactly any issues on the server side.

There is high probability the implementation is experiencing some problems in instantiation.

Error creating bean with name 'contentProcessService': Invocation of init
method failed;

which begs the question how come one path works while the other does not. Odd...

Gabo

Yong-Loh wrote:
Hi Gabo,

First Question: Yes. The serviceLayer folder exists and it has WEB-INF and
other stuff as well.
Second Question: I have tried passing the three parameters as well. But, no
luck.
As suggested by David, I have looked at the wadl address. It does not have
any resource with path '/detail'. The other one with '/content' is working
fine without even giving the parameters in the URL.

Whats going wrong?

Thanks & Regards,
Yong-Loh

Gabo Manuel wrote:
Hi Yong-Loh,

I'll be giving this a shot:

1. The link you provided the following:

We use Tomcat as the container. After deploying the war, when I try to hit the URL from the browser(http://localhost:8080/ServiceLayer/detail/), its giving the below warning.

I am assuming that the folder ServiceLayer exists and contains the rest of the WEB-INF stuff, ryt? Or the path is replaced in some web.xml file?

2. The method you defined requires 3 parameters, The URL you posted did not include ?address=add1&region=2s&effectiveDate=now. Any chance that could be the cause? Asking them since I did not see a @DefaultValue with the method declaration.

Hth.

Gabo

Yong-Loh wrote:
Hi Sergey,

We are stuck with the below issue which  has already been posted on the
forum. Below is the link. Request your inputs in resolving the issue.

http://old.nabble.com/CXF-with-JAX-RS-%3A-No-operation-matching-request-path--detail--is-found-tt27350904.html
http://old.nabble.com/CXF-with-JAX-RS-%3A-No-operation-matching-request-path--detail--is-found-tt27350904.html
Thanks & Regards,
Yong-Loh

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:
Hi, this looks fine.

I might need some help here too. It has to work, assuming the actual
implementation just implements ContentProcess. Perhaps Spring is proxifying it in some way that causes the issues ? Is there any
chance
you can download the CXF source and debug your application, by adding a breakpoint in
JAXRSServerFactoryBean.setServiceBeans() ? I'm not sure why you do not
see
JUL log messages, a warning message should've been logged too if this class was not
recognized....
Or perhaps you can send me a test war ?

cheers, Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the info provided. We use Tomcat.

(Using CATALINA_BASE:   D:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_HOME:   D:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: D:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15)

Below is our resource interface.

@Path("/")
public interface ContentProcess {

@GET
            @Path("/content/")
           @Produces("application/xml")
           public Content getContent(@QueryParam("address") String
address,
   @QueryParam("region") String region,
   @QueryParam("effectiveDate") String effectiveDate
   );
}

I cant notice anything wrong with this class.

Thanks & Regards,
Vasantha

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:
Hi

I can see a (JUL) Log.severe(message) on line 231, just before
WebApplicationException is thrown...Not sure why you don't see a
message in the log. Either way, the problem is that
"com.endpoint.impl.ContentProcessImpl" has not been recognized as a
root
resource class. Does it have a root @Path annotation ? Is its single
method annotated with @GET ? Please check @Path and @GET are
JAXRS-specific annotations....What container do you use ? There were
some
problems reported against WebLogic (don't rememeber the
version) 'hiding' JAXRS annotations

cheers, Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Not exactly. Cant make it out from the logs.

Below is the root cause from the logs.

Caused by: javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException
       at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.checkResources(Abstract
JAXRSFactoryBean.java:232)
       at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactory
Bean.java:85)

Thanks & Regards,
Yong-Loh

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:
Hi

Do you see some other hints in the logs ? Where is the exception
originating from ?

cheers, Sergey

Hi,

We are using JAX-RS for CXF RESTful webservices. Our service has
just
one
method that handles a GET request.

And below is how we have mapped our service in beans.xml.

<jaxrs:server id="contentProcessService" address="/">
   <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
     <ref bean="contentProcessBean" />
   </jaxrs:serviceBeans>
     <jaxrs:providers>
   <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.XMLBeansElementProvider"
/>
     </jaxrs:providers>
 </jaxrs:server>

 <bean id="contentProcessBean"
class="com.endpoint.impl.ContentProcessImpl">
     <property name="contentQueryService" ref="contentQueryService"
/>
     <property name="cacheService" ref="cache" />
 </bean>

We are getting the below exception when we deploy the war in
Tomcat.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating
bean
wit
h name 'contentProcessService': Invocation of init method failed;
nested
excepti
on is org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
       at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1337)

Any pointers in resolving this issue would be of great help.

Thanks & Regards,
Yong-Loh