Benson,

Yes, that was my suspicion - the xs:any is in fact part of the WSDL.  I
can't seem to crack the nut on how to use that any property or the getAny
accessor to unmarshall back to the generated java equivalent of my .NET DS
(essentially a couple pages of public properties in SubjectsDS.java)

The WSDL for that particular section:

      <s:element name="GetLatestSubjectsDSResponse">
        <s:complexType>
          <s:sequence>
            <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
name="GetLatestSubjectsDSResult">