Right, that gives me a:
"com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom.ElementNSImpl" class

Which eclipse lists as a forbidden reference. I can lift the restriction and
toy with that I suppose.  I definitely expected something similar to what
you described, but that threw me for a loop.  There are some hits on Google
to at least further investigate.

Jeffrey