I am currently implementing my own Invoker, which calls a serviceImplementation. The services wsdl defines a fault:

<wsdl:fault name="MyException">
<soap:fault name="MyException" use="literal"/>
</wsdl:fault>

When this exception is thrown by the serviceImplementation and I set it as the return value of the invoker:

public Object invoke(Exchange ex, Object o) {
[...]
MessageContentsList messageContentsList = (MessageContentsList) o;
messageContentsList.add(returnValue);
return messageContentsList;
}

I get: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch.

So my question is: How can I make the invoker pass the "myException" to the webservice caller without getting an illegal argument exception?

Thx in advance :)