Dear Sergey,

Thank you for your reply.
What i am really not sure is what is the best way of doing it - i really
want to justify the usage of rest over soap in this case. I already went
through the link you paste in your reply. What it seems to me is that in
case of multiparts we can add multiple attachments to the multipart body and
the examples show that even jaxb generated java types are being added as
attachments, I wonder if the java types shd be added as attachments too? I
thought attachments are meant to be used for something like images, and not
for java types.

In my case , I have a few string parameters and a binary content to pass
when calling a webservice. I would like to use multipart only to attach the
binary content and then pass the string params as part of a java type and by
not adding that also as an attachment.

I am not really sure I understand the concept of multipart :(

Thanks in advance,
Priya