Hi

WADL can only describe simple multipart payloads, those which have plain parameters. In fact WADL spec itself does not say anything about multiparts, but I think it mentions regular form payloads.

I think what happens there is that a WADL generator defaults to a form payload media type to express the fact that it is supposed to be a simple Multipart payload only.

I think it is fair to say WADL is limited to how it can describe multiparts, which is expected given that a multipart payload can have an arbitrary number of parts of different types.

I'll need to play a bit with your example and see if some minor improvements can be applied, possibly in XOP cases, etc

Cheers, Sergey