On Apr 8, 2009, at 2:22 AM, Richard S. Hall wrote:

Perhaps I misunderstood your question, but I thought you were simply asking for a way to explicitly specify from which bundles your imported packages come. If that is all you want to do, then simple import them using the desired bundle symbolic name and version range, e.g.:

Import-Package: org.foo.bar; bundle-symbolic- name="my.desired.bundle"; bundle-version="[1.0.0,1.1.0)"

These bundle attributes are added implicitly to every exported package for the exporting bundle.

Of course, I agree with what Stuart says below, if you are going to do this, you are defeating the whole purpose. You might as well stick with Require-Bundle.

My conclusion at this point is.... if I want to use osgi without require-bundle (or the above more complicated equivalent) I have to make sure, through some non-standard mechanism, that only the bundles I will accept are accessible to the osgi runtime. There's a little bit of support in OBR in that I can write my own resolver, but there are no well known useful strategies.

Is this correct?

thanks
david jencks

-> richard