On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, den 01.08.2010, 14:07 +0200 schrieb Reto Bachmann-Gmuer:
>> Hi Atle
>>
>> In the clerezza projects we're using more and more scala, the biggest
>> disandvantage for me is that the maven-scr-plugin doesn't work for scala so
>> I've to write the ds component descriptor by hand. We generallay don't use
>> objects but classes, having ds caring about creating and activating the
>> instances.
>
> I am by no means a Scala expert (whatever you will say now, but I am
> just scared by the syntax ;-) )
>
> So, coming back to the scr-plugin problem: The plugin (currently) reads
> the source files with the help of the QDox library. So I would assume
> that the inability of the plugin to process Scala is related to this
> situation.
>
> If you would know of a tool to read Scala source files for consumption
> by the plugin, you are welcome to guide us there (or even better provide
> a patch to use it ;-) ).
>
> I think a similar problem exists for Groovy (and yes, it would be nice
> to have something there, too ;-) ).

In theory, you might be able to use annotations (i.e. "real"
annotations, not JavaDoc/QDox annotations). I've been planning on
trying this technique with Groovy and maven-scr-plugin, but I haven't
had the time to try it out. Beyond the fact that I personally prefer
to use @Component instead of @scr.component, it just like parsing
Scala (or Groovy) sources is far more complex than using the
reflection API. To be clear, this is still going to require surgery to
the scrplugin code, I just have a feeling that the surgery is going to
more like foot surgery than brain surgery (if this metaphor makes
sense).

Justin