The real problem is that there's no real usable obr repository, so
you're really on your own here.  However obr use a url to actually
dowload and install the bundles that you can point to a known location
if you manage thoses repositories.  What we're using in Karaf to
remove this absolute url is to use a maven based url which uses the
groupid, artifactid and url instead of an absolute url, which gives
you a nice indirection and allow you to use tools such as nexus to
manage your artifacts.

On Friday, December 3, 2010,  <john.dun...@exceter.com> wrote:
> I have a vanilla 3.0.2 felix install up and running. However, I cannot seem
> to figure out how to install the bundles which are listed by the OBR
> commands. Every example I've found has me manually installing bundles from my
> local machine, which strikes me as defeating the purpose of having a bundle
> repository in the first place.
>
> In my ideal world I would create a bundle in IntelliJ, deploy the bundle to a
> remote bundle repository with a maven plugin, and then install the bundle
> into OSGI from the remote bundle repository.
>
> I am looking for something similar to the Linux "yum" command where I can
> tell OSGI to install a specific bundle and it will automatically download and
> install that bundle along with its dependencies. Is this something that OBR
> is capable of doing or am I way off base?
>
> -John

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet