On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Daniele,
>
> it's better to have a bunch of tools to choose, than only one tool not
> working ;)
>
> I guess somebody already did help you with the creation of wab archives.
> This would have been my next one, create a manifest with the
> maven-bundle-plugin and
> create your war archive with the standard war plugin for maven. I
> thought that 2.3.4 of
> maven-bundle-plugin would suite your needs.

I'm doing this with the combination of the two plugins, indeed.
What confused me is that I understood that the wab itself, made with bnd, is
a war without the lib, while this is not part of being a wab. A wab is just
a war with a manifest in the proper place with a couple of properties more
than a normal bundle.

> Regarding Wicket I really recommend taking a look at pax-wicket since
> one of the pax
> guys is really working hard to get this transparently flying :)

Pax-Wicket is really for adding/removing portions of a wicket app at
runtime.
This is not something I need now. Maybe can help me with the problem I am
having after refreshing the bundle (@SpringBean not working anymore).
For now I simply uninstall/install the bundle, maybe I'll find a solution
but I already fight enough against these in the last days.

Generally speaking, I'm trying to make this work cause I'm so frustrated by
general JEE deployment, and I saw after my initial message that many share
my feelings.

Now that I can deploy a small jar, my app got installed in seconds. This is
something I've no idea how to achieve with JEE. Moreover, is the same
mechanism I use for all my other deployments, some small packages that make
no sense to be deployed as war (they're simply not webapp).

I'm trying to making this effort to be of some use for everyone. I'm in the
process to build a PAAS over these technologies. With the help of some tools
and a lightweight SDK, my target is to give to people a way to deploy java
app/webapp in seconds "in the cloud", without messing with OSGi and all the
problem I'm addressing.

I'd be glad to discuss about that with anyone interested, here or in private
if we're off topic.

Best.

--
Daniele Dellafiore